High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What does the mother of my kids have to do to drop child support and forgive my arreas?

Q: We want to know the process of dropping for child support and forgiving my arrears. Do we have to go somewhere. Do we have to write a letter. She want to know to take me off. Please help me.

A: You’d need to file a petition to terminate support. The both of you would still need to appear in court and submit your mandatory disclosure, so the court can determine whether your informal agreement is acceptable. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network