High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What can I do or my next step will be to get the money entitled for my kids ?

Q: My kids father (2kids) is supposedly getting his lawsuit money this month(Oct). He was living here in NY but as of today (9-25-18) has left to Florida out the blues . He is on child support and owes money . Once he gets his lawsuit can I do something in order to get the money he owes and still has to pay even with him being in another state ? And how ?

A: If it’s a lawsuit within NY, then file to get a money judgment, and then (assuming arrears are significant enough to make it worth it), you could retain an attorney to intervene in the civil suit in order to get a lien on the proceeds. You’d otherwise need to use the judgment to collect it from his bank account. Call a bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network