High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse


Q: My ex husband and I have a visitation agreement in which he has our son every other weekend. I was granted sole legal and physical custody of our child in our divorce. My ex husband recently moved to new jersey into his girlfriends home and he does not wish to provide me an address as to where my son is going to be staying on the weekends that he has him. He also is not allowing that I speak or meet the girlfriend prior to my son staying there on the weekends. Can I stop him from taking our son on his weekends if he chooses not to provide me with an address? Or even allow me to know who is going to be around our child? What should I do?

A: You cannot withhold visitation. If there’s a dispute and he won’t provide the info, then you must file a modification petition to restrict his access to NY until such time as he provides that info. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network