High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How do I get divorce if my spouse left the country?

Q: I was married to my spouse and we decided to get uncontested divorce.. but unfortunately my wife has left the country before she sign the papers and she won’t be able to comeback to the U.S for 10 years because she overstated her visa.. what should i do?

A: You can send her the papers in her country. If she’s cooperating, then she can simply sign the papers & mail them back. If she’s not cooperating, then you may need to arrange to have her served with the papers in that country. Call a Westchester Uncontested Divorce attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network