High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can i have paternity dissolution done in nys when i have proof that i am not the father? My “daughter” is 12 yrs old.

Q: In june i had a dna test done for me and my daughter it came back that i am excluded as her father. Her mother denied ever having slept with another man but the results prove otherwise. I am paying child support but i want to stop the order for support as well as dissolving the paternity order. She had this affair while i was deployed in Iraq back in 2005.

A: You’d need to file a petition to vacate either the acknowledgement of paternity or order of filiation. That said, be prepared for the fact that it may be too late to challenge paternity pursuant to the legal doctrine of “equitable estoppel.” Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network