Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Good morning, my son us 17 and in college, I attempted years ago to file but failed. can my son get what is owed to him now

Q: Can my son file for child support at seventeen and in college that I'm paying for.

A: Your son cannot file, but you should file a petition to modify the prior order (assuming there was one) to include the college expenses. Be prepared to show the Court the overall bill, what his financial aid package is (if any) as well as what you've actually paid thus far. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions