High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I collect on an equity agreement from our divorce ? It was agreed when the house is sold , its been 15 years.

Q: We divorced 2003, at the time I was entitled to 50% of the equity while we were separated. I also for some reason put in my 2 children’s name.I know he has paid off the house but still lives with his current wife.I am having a change of life and need the money ..Is there any legal right for me to persue?

A: If the agreement provided for a deadline within which to divide the equity, then you can send him a formal notice requesting the division. If he doesn’t give same to you, file an enforcement motion with the court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network