Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I get alimony if we've been only married for 2 years?

Q: My husband and I are separated for over a month now. I had to leave quickly do to verbal abuse and the fact that is was his apartment. I am in the middle of getting my GED as well as my Associates. I'm left with a 1,300 dollar debt from my last semester that he was going to help me with.

A: Yes, though the relatively short-term nature of your marriage is a strong factor with the court in deciding whether you'l receive maintenance, in what amount & for what duration. If no divorce has been filed, your best bet is to file a petition for spousal support in Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Alimony Attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions