High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

If I get sole custody of my child am I allowed to move out of state with out the permission of the non custodial parent ?

Q: My ex & I have joint custody & I have physical custody of my child how can I be allowed to move out of state with my child

A: No – merely having sole custody does not also permit a relocation. You’ll either need express permission of the NCP or a court order granting permission to relocate. Schedule a consult with a Westchester family law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network