High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I file for chilled support even if I work off the books and no proof of income?

Q: I’m currently filing for child support. My child is 7 years old and his father and I are going through a custody case. We were never married and the court is asking for pay stubs and taxes but I’m a student and haven’t been legally working for the last 2 years.

A: The Court can only ask for that which exists. If you work “off-the-books,” then you’d need to produce an “odd jobs diary” listing the dates you worked, who you worked for and what you were paid. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network