High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I file an order for my wife to get a psychiatric evaluation?

Q: I due in court tomorrow, i think my wife is going through a hormonal imbalance since the birth of our son can i file a psychiatric evaluation for my wife, and I want joint physical custody and she disagreed so the judge says when we go back now she will assign a lawyer to my three-year-old daughter and we have to pay I can afford it I don’t have a lawyer for myself what can I do

A: You’d need to marshall your evidence which supports your notion that your wife has a mental illness. Then raise the issue on the adjourn date by requesting a forensic psychological evaluation. Bear in mind, generally the Judge will make you pay for that as well unless you’re deemed “indigent.” Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network