Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What can I do?

Q: We both agreed on divorce. He filed the petition for divorce, as the petitioner, about 1 month ago. I signed and filed a waiver of contest, so the divorce should be uncontested. As far as I understand, the only step left is to have the final divorce decree signed and taken to a judge. He is now refusing to do this, and it is my understanding that as the petitioner, he has to be the one to do it. He's holding this divorce over my head to keep me unhappy, and I just want it to be over. What can I do to finish this divorce?

A: If he's the plaintiff, he'd have to submit his plaintiff's affidavit to the court. And if you don't have the original, you wouldn't be able to complete the steps for an uncontested divorce. If he won't cooperate, then file an RJI and request a conference with the Judge. Call a Bronx Uncontested Divorce attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions