Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Court ordered house to be sold and profit split 50/50 when youngest graduates high school. ( next year)

Q: How long before graduation should we list home? I don't see me obligated to pay for home anymore after my youngest graduates according to the decree and order of divorce.. I don want to pay for another 6 months or more because my ex is dragging her feet on this. Or she has the right to buy me out, but I doubt that will happen.

A: Usually that means you list the house upon graduation, not necessarily beforehand. It doesn't mean the two of you can't agree to start the listing beforehand, however. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions