High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can someone who is placed on house arrest allowed to visit their children if they live somewhere else in the same town?

Q: The father of my children was arrested yesterday by the Feds and I was told he will be placed on house arrest at an individuals house that I have a conflict with. There is documentation that this person is not allowed around my child at school where they work and my oldest attends. Is this enough to have their father have visits at my home with his children?

A: Generally the court won’t order him to visit at your house, but depending on the nature of the arrest the Judge may consider directing his visits at a relative’s house or other supervised setting. You should file a modification petition asap. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge