High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I move out of New York State with my child?

Q: I have been separated from husband for 2 years. Not legal separation. He has not been involved in child’s life. She is now 3 years old. Can I leave new York with child without his permission

A: You’re best advised to file for divorce & include in the divorce papers a request to relocate with the child. You risk a Judge ordering you to return if you move without his express consent or a court order permitting the move. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge