High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I be divorced without signing any paperwork or being notified?

Q: I wanted a divorce my husband at the time didn’t want me to have his address so i.got to understand he went ahead and got a divorce I wast not notified of a divorce or got any paperwork to sign I was told by his family members that we are divorced I have asked for a copy of the divorce papers and was told that he is sure I got a copy, I have tried getting a copy but I do not know when and where the divorce took place.

A: It’s always possible he falsified an affidavit of service, or similar document. You can either research the issue by going to the county clerk’s office, or simply filing your own divorce, getting him served, and allowing him to come forth with proof of the earlier case. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network