Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I be divorced without signing any paperwork or being notified?

Q: I wanted a divorce my husband at the time didn't want me to have his address so to understand he went ahead and got a divorce I wast not notified of a divorce or got any paperwork to sign I was told by his family members that we are divorced I have asked for a copy of the divorce papers and was told that he is sure I got a copy, I have tried getting a copy but I do not know when and where the divorce took place.

A: It's always possible he falsified an affidavit of service, or similar document. You can either research the issue by going to the county clerk's office, or simply filing your own divorce, getting him served, and allowing him to come forth with proof of the earlier case. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions