Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Would I have to pay his father child support because I make more money? How much would a divorce cost (there are no assets)?

Q: I live in NY. I left my husband 11 years ago but never filed for divorce because of the cost. I also took our son with me, who is now 14. I have dragged my feet long enough and I want to file for divorce and just be free of him. I work two jobs and make more money than him. He only spends about one weekend day a week with our son and it's not consistently every week. Would I still be entitled to the full 17% of his gross pay for child support and would a judge award anything for the 11 years that he hasn't given us anything? Thank you.

A: You would most likely still be entitled to the full 17%, but one would need to assess all particular factors in your case. That said, how much your case may cost is dependent on a number of factors, such as whether there's any other issues in the case, whether particular issues are contested, etc. You're best advised to schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions