Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Will the child support I receive now will go lower because of another child?

Q: I receive child support from my sons father for a few years now. Recently he and his girlfriend have broken up. Together they have a child (baby number 2 for dad). If she takes him for child support, will that lower the support I am receiving from my sons father?

A: Generally no - the 1st child to win the race to the courthouse gets the first slice of the pie from the father's income. Each succeeding child gets whatever's left of the pie after the 1st child gets his slice. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions