High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What can I do if the child mother put my last name on the child without consent? I will do DNA and want no custody not nothing

Q: Is there anything I can do if she put my last name on that child without my consent? Also if she is under public assistance I have 32BJ why would I have to put him in my insurance if he has Medicaid? Is there a form of rejecting visitation rights and rejecting child custody. I will pay child support but want nothing to do with her nor the child

A: If you did not sign an “acknowledgement of paternity,” then her merely listing you as the father on the child’s birth certificate does nothing. If you so desire, file a paternity petition in Family Court after the birth of the child. Call a Westchester Adoption Attorney for more info

FindLaw Network