High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I receive child support but now I dont work?

Q: When child support was decided, I had a job. I now do not work but when child support was decided, it included my income. I am married (not to my sons dad) but I am a stay at home mom. Will that change the amount in child support? Also, my sons father has another child with someone else. Will that factor in? Should I modify or leave it alone?

A: If you currently “do not work” because you either quit of were fired, then you would not qualify for a modification. Moreover, it’s rare that a court will deviate upwards merely based on your financial circumstances – your choice to remain at home is just that (generally) – a choice. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network