Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I receive child support but now I dont work?

Q: When child support was decided, I had a job. I now do not work but when child support was decided, it included my income. I am married (not to my sons dad) but I am a stay at home mom. Will that change the amount in child support? Also, my sons father has another child with someone else. Will that factor in? Should I modify or leave it alone?

A: If you currently "do not work" because you either quit of were fired, then you would not qualify for a modification. Moreover, it's rare that a court will deviate upwards merely based on your financial circumstances - your choice to remain at home is just that (generally) - a choice. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions