Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I live in the bronx and am married for 7 years, now i was unfaithful to my wife and got a women pregnant she lives in Yonkers.

Q: She gave birth and i never knew about it, i received a paternity summon for court from her. The papers have the child name and she put my last name on the child without my consent! I dont want that child to have my last name. I will pay the child support but i want no visitation rights nor nothing to do with this child nor her. Is there a form i need to have that last name changed? and also im not sure if she has me in the birth certificate like his father. Also the mother is under public assistance is it true that i have to put the child under my health insurance? if shes under public assistance they automatically get medicaid. I dont know how the courts in Yonkers are nor their rules for all this.

A: You would need to file a change of name proceeding in Civil Court to get the child's name changed. And yes, generally even if the child's on Medicaid, you will either need to put the child on your insurance, or reimburse the County for the costs of Medicaid. Call a Westchester Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions