High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How do I get him out of the house?

Q: My husband has been living at a casino 3 hours away in “comped” hotel rooms for 5 out of 7 days a week for the past 3 years. He has never contributed to our household. He has gambled with money from a premarital accident settlement. However, we live in an apartment and i don’t have the means to move. My name is on the lease. My mother pays the rent and helps me with my bills because I’m a nursing student. I have such anxiety when he does come home that I can’t sleep. What can I do? How would I serve him if he’s mostly living in a casino??

A: You can file for divorce & exclusive occupancy of the marital residence. You do not need to serve him where he chooses to temporarily reside – you can have a process server serve him anyway – including your apartment if he “drops by.” Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network