High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I get custody of my 2 yr old cousin?

Q: My uncle is busy working multiple jobs making him busy (granted he has days off) but the mother who is suppose to be taking care of him everyday is completely negligent of him and his health. When he had an asthma attack he was at her friends house while my uncle was at work and she was off chasing a guy and was no where to be found.

A: Generally to gain custody as against a biological parent you must be able to prove “persistent neglect.” Moreover, your say-so won’t generally be good enough to win the case – corroboration is key. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network