Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I get custody of my 2 yr old cousin?

Q: My uncle is busy working multiple jobs making him busy (granted he has days off) but the mother who is suppose to be taking care of him everyday is completely negligent of him and his health. When he had an asthma attack he was at her friends house while my uncle was at work and she was off chasing a guy and was no where to be found.

A: Generally to gain custody as against a biological parent you must be able to prove "persistent neglect." Moreover, your say-so won't generally be good enough to win the case - corroboration is key. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions