High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Child support ?

Q: I went to court and the judge said she only acknowledges my other kids if they have a court order for child support can my wife get an order for me. If not how to I show I support my kids

A: By statute, the Court can generally only take non-subject children into account if you’re paying support pursuant to a prior order or valid agreement. If you have neither, then you would need to prove that, after subtraction of the proposed order, you wouldn’t be left with enough to minimally support the non-subject children. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network