Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I receive Sole Custody because my son's father moved out of the country over a year ago?

Q: My son's father and I have joint custody established in NYC. I'm the primary residential parent and he was the visiting/non-custodial parent. He moved back to his country August of 2016 without notice and hasn't seen my son since. Although he still makes child support payments when he feels like it; his child support is in arrears and he stopped providing health coverage for my son once he left. He has made no real attempts to be in my sons life since he moved; other than two emails about him not paying child support and confirming that he left the country. It's been almost 2 years he hasn't seen my son. How likely will the judge be in granting me Sole custody?

A: Based on what you provided, you seem to have a good case for sole custody. The issue will be how to get him served with the papers. Call a Bronx Child Custody attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions