Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I file parental kidnapping?

Q: I have a court order for my daughter to be with me every other week for a whole week , it's been almost 2 weeks and the child's mother refuses to drop my child off or answer any text or calls . This isn't the 1st time she's ran off with my child what can I do ?

A: You wouldn't file kidnapping or "custodial interference" charges against the custodial parent (as I'm assuming from your post the mother has primary custody). You should do 2 things: (a) fire off a "default notice" letting her know she's in apparent violation or to immediately rectify it, or else; (b) the "or else" should be a violation petition filed in Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions