Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I file for divorce due to desertion if my husband left 31 yrs. ago and I can't find him? What can I do?

Q: I got married in 1987. My "husband" lived with me for 6 months. He left and I have tried to track him down, but am unable to find him. I want to remarry, but I don't know how to proceed in New York City so that I can obtain a divorce without his signature.

A: You can proceed on a divorce filing, but you may need to hire a P.I. in conjunction with the divorce. If he still can't be found, then you may need to request court approval for "publication notice." Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions