High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What do I do to amend a 2 year old custody agreement?

Q: The father has violated the agreement for over two years and has not visited the children once in the past two years. The children have recently been diagnosed with autism. This diagnosis was given after the custody agreement was written so the courts are unaware. This significantly changes the terms of the original agreement because of their special needs and all the therapy they now receive.

A: You would need to file a petition for modification of the original consent decree. You’d do so in your local Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network