High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Removing my husband’s name from the house deed after the divorce agreement is signed?

Q: The divorce agreement states that his name should be removed from the title within 5 days…How do I do that without having to paying transfer tax…Currently the house is under my name as well as his.

A: Produce a quitclaim deed to him & ask that he sign-off on it. As for the tax question, you’re best advised to consult an accountant. Call a Westchester Divorce attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge