High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My child has been in my care and living with me her 6 months of living, her mother came and took her away. What can i legally do

Q: I have been taking care of my daughter her whole 6 months of living but twoce now her mother has come and snatched her out my care. What can i legally do? All of my daughters information is in my name and she was living with me in a shelter til today

A: You should goto Family Court & file BOTH a Writ of Habeas Corpus as well as an Order to Show Cause & petition for Custody. Do this as soon as possible – if you wait, the Judge will perceive that any urgency to the situation has abated. Call a Bronx Child Custody Attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge