Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My child has been in my care and living with me her 6 months of living, her mother came and took her away. What can i legally do

Q: I have been taking care of my daughter her whole 6 months of living but twoce now her mother has come and snatched her out my care. What can i legally do? All of my daughters information is in my name and she was living with me in a shelter til today

A: You should goto Family Court & file BOTH a Writ of Habeas Corpus as well as an Order to Show Cause & petition for Custody. Do this as soon as possible - if you wait, the Judge will perceive that any urgency to the situation has abated. Call a Bronx Child Custody Attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions