High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I pay arrears for child support?

Q: Paying arrears in child support case but I am being charged to age 21 which my son quit school at age 16 plus he won lawsuit at age 18! Doesn’t that make him emancipated at age 18 also had kid at age 16 and another kid at age 18!

A: Generally the Court cannot retroactively cancel child support arrears once they accrue. Thus, if the child’s already over 21 & there’s no basic order you’re paying, you’re likely out of luck. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network