High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I have a son he is 19 was charge with murder was sentenced to 20 years in NY state prison Do I need to continue payment ?

Q: Have a 19 year old he is serving 20 years sentence do still have continue payments for child support thanks

A: At the least, it would be a basis to terminate the support order which went to the former custodial parent. Thus, immediately file a petition to terminate support with the Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network