High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How to withdraw Petition from Family Court?

Q: My attorney filed form 4-13 (Support – Petition for Enforcement of Order Mande by Another Court) in Family Court of The State of New York.
There was first hearing, and after the hearing Responded and I was able to settle the issue, and there is no reason to proceed with my petition. My attorney is not representing me any longer, and I have to withdraw my petition. Could you please advise what form I should use to withdraw my petition?

A: There is no form to withdraw the case. You can just submit a notarized letter to the Court stating you’re withdrawing the petition as you & the Respondent have informally resolved the case (make sure to copy Respondent with the letter). Call a White Plains Family Law attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network