High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How to deal with arrears child support?

Q: I don’t have a open child support case, but I have arears for my oldest daughter who’s 26 now. I’m 44. Anyway I can have it waved? I’m trying to get a new job but can’t get my License.

A: Unless the former custodial parent consents to a reduction, then there’s no way to get arrears waived/vacated. You may apply for a work-restricted license via DMV/OCSE. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network