High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How many times can I petition for contempt to court for child support? He isn’t consistent.

Q: He won’t pay the rest of his arrears or monthly payments. He gave me half of his arrears 4,000 and said that should be enough for now. But he left me pregnant 2 half years ago and never paid till now. He needs to pay off the rest of his arrears and start paying monthly.

A: You may generally file on an annual basis for enforcement. You should request money judgment which accrue interest, counsel fees (assuming you retain counsel) as well as garnishments of his income. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Alimony Attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network