High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I settle for a reduced lump sum payment amount a support order “reduced to judgment” that has ballooned to $120,000?

Q: Family Court has reduced back child support to judgment that has compounded to a ridiculous sum. I require an attorney to negotiate a lump sum payment to ex-, and forever end this situation. This has been going on for 19 years. Thank You.

Generally arrears may not be reduced or vacated accept by agreement of the opposing side. As such, what would be your basis for reducing the arrears? You’re best advised to schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney to fully discuss the matter

FindLaw Network