High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can i get an order of protection dropped that was put into place 8 yrs ago?

Q: A.C.S took my kids away back in 2010 and put an order of protection against my boyfriend for abuse but no abuse was never found n they still kept my kids in care for 6 yrs and put the order of protection on him until my last kid is 18 yrs old n this is why I’m trying to find out if it’s a way to get it dropped?

A: (1) Your boyfriend is presumably the party who would need to file any application for modification; (2) you would need to produce evidence of a “substantial change of circumstances” to warrant the court re-visiting the order of protection. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Abuse attorney for a full assessment..

FindLaw Network