Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Do I have to appear in court if I wasn't served with any court papers ?

Q: My niece and nephew mother petitioned me for custody of her children but I haven't been served any papers. She lost her rights to the children 10 years ago and I now have guardianship of them am I supposed to appear in court if no one served me the proper paperwork

A: If you weren't served with the court summons, then you do not technically need to appear in court. That said, one would need to assess how it was that you came to learn of the court date. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions