High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I get a court order regarding need to work with a parent coordinator enforced without going back to court?

Q: My ex husband and I have been ordered by the court to work with a Parent Coordinator. After a few months my ex husband stopped coming to the sessions although our last stipulation clearly indicates that we should work with a Parent Coordinator and should not go back to court without prior consultation with the Parent Coordinator except for major emergencies. How can i get my ex husband back to PC without spending thousands of money in court again?

A: First, send a demand notice letter – same should state he appears to be violating the order & ask him to remedy the situation. If he doesn’t, then file an enforcement petition & ask for an award of counsel fees. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network