High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can divorce papers be emailed? Or should I fed ex them

Q: My husband is in Africa and he doesn’t have an address to where I can mail the divorce papers.

A: If he’s signing-off on the consent via the Affidavit of Defendant, then you can e-mail that to him. He can then download it & execute same before a notary (preferably at the US Consulate). If he’s not consenting, then you’d need to either do service via the Hague, or file a motion so the Judge can give you a direction on how to serve the papers. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Uncontested Divorce Attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge