High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can custodial parent get a passport for child even if father (ncp) disagrees?

Q: Can the mother who is the custodial parent get a passport for her child if the father who is the non custodial parent disagrees with the decision?There is no court order. The mother wants a passport just in case for the future to go on vacation but the father doesn’t agree and does not want the child to go on vacation out of the country.

A: The answer is no – not without a court order. Mother would need to file a custody petition & be granted sole custody. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network