High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What I have to do to move my child support case from New Jersey to New York?

Q: I move to New York and would love to transfer my case due to I no longer resides in New Jersey and would like to enforcement support due to the non custodial parent is working and is currently not making his payments.

A: If NJ originally entered the order, and the non-custodial parent still resides in NJ, then you must move for enforcement in NJ. If s/he also moved to NY, then you must (a) file a petition to register the order for enforcement, then (b) file an enforcement petition. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network