High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Is there any way to get my license reinstated even though it was suspended due to child support arrears?

Q: My child support is payroll-deducted, so I have been paying it faithfully for 4 years. While I am still in arrears is it possible to get my license back? I’m doing really well at my job and I could really benefit by having my own transportation. There are a few positions that I have had to forego because of this dilemma. Is there any way to get my license reinstated?

A: Yes, you can generally get a work-restricted license. The form is online: https://www.childsupport.ny.gov/dcse/pdfs/dmvCh…. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network