High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Is there a way I can stop this or put this in the court order?

Q: My ex husband has custody, for now, of our son and his girlfriend kisses him. I’d rather she not kiss him because it’s disgusting and inappropriate. SHe isn’t his mother nor mother figure so I asked my ex husband about it and he completely ignored me. So, I asked her at a pickup this evening and she told me no, that she won’t stop kissing him to appease me. It isn’t to appease me, I said it was a woman to woman thing and regarding respect. What can I do about this?

A: It’s unlikely a Judge will micro-manage a situation like this, as the issue seems more who’s doing it, rather than the child being “kissed.” Nevertheless, you may wish to file a petition to modify, asking that provisions such as “no one else is referred to as “Mommy” be inserted into the custody order. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge