High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I get a restraining order against my son?

Q: I am 64 years old I have 18 year old son who constantly curse steals my property he continued threading my life how can I get him out my house please help and I have heart problems and a bad back what can I do please add me help

A: What you have stated thus far would not constitute a “domestic violence crime.” Certainly if property is stolen, that would be a crime, just not a “domestic violence” crime – nevertheless, same can be reported to the police. If you want the child removed from the house, this would otherwise be a landlord-tenant issue. That said, if you believe there may be other issues going on which constitute “domestic violence,” please call a Bronx Family Law attorney to schedule a consult.

FindLaw Network