High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Child support and insurance premiums in NYS

Q: So my company offers insurance and it is 260 a month for family. Do my insurance premiums get subtracted from the child support amount I have to pay?

A: There is a way you can do this – file a modification petition & ask the Magistrate to order the custodial parent to reimburse you for his/her pro-rata portion of the premium which covers the child. Make sure you have the proper documentation as to the difference of the payroll deduction for an individual plan v. the added cost to cover the child. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network